Can't find the words to express the love you feel for that special person, or the pain you feel because of a disappointment? In this article, we are going to list 30 love quotes from songs, movies, and books. Their content and tone are very varied, so I'm sure you'll find what you’re looking for.
Love quotes from songs
In the following lines, you'll find some of the most romantic quotes from song lyrics in English.
1. "The sun is shining, although it's raining in my heart" (Eric Clapton, 'Have you ever loved a woman')
One of the many songs about falling out of love of this great guitarist.
2. "'Cause even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do, I'd still miss you baby" (Aerosmith, 'I don’t want to miss a thing')
Those long nights that feel so short talking to that special person are priceless.
3. "I can remember, standing by the wall, and the guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall" (David Bowie, 'Heroes')
Mythical theme of the mythical Bowie, who left us in January 2016.
4. "Where would I be now if we'd never met? Would I be singing this song to someone else instead?" (Pulp, 'Something changed')
A proof of Jarvis Cocker's obsession with what could have been and wasn't.
5. "Stones taught me to fly, love taught me to lie, and life taught me to die" (Damien Rice, 'Cannonball')
Opposites sometimes aren't so opposed.
6. "I've forgotten if they're green or blue. Anyway, the thing is what I really mean: Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen" (Elton John, 'Your song')
This beautiful and honest song was in Moulin Rouge move, although Elton John was already well-known before it.
7. "When you hold me near, you drown out the crowd" (Ronan Keating, 'When you say nothing at all')
This is a very romantic song written by Don Schlitz and Paul Overstreet, and interpreted by many artists.
8. "Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play" (The Beatles, 'Yesterday')
This is one of the most famous songs of The Beatles, and it talks about regret and falling out of love.
9. "Take me as I am, take my life, I would give it all, I would sacrifice" (Bryan Adams, '(Everything I do) I do it for you')
A beautiful song about giving everything, even oneself to love.
10. "And the moment that you wander far from me, I want to feel you in my arms again" (Bee Gees, 'How deep is your love')
This quote expresses the need of having the one you love next to you.
We can also find romantic quotes in movies | Healthy Way Mag
Romantic quotes from movies
We will focus on the latest movies, although there are also many famous love quotes in classic movies.
11. "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible" (When Harry Met Sally..., 1989)
It is difficult to express this feeling better.
12. "I have crossed oceans of time to find you" (Bram Stoker's Dracula, 1992)
Extremely well-known quote from the film adaptation of Francis Ford Coppola, director of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now.
13. "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever" (The Crow, 1994)
Not everyone will agree with this movie quote that cost the life of Bruce Lee's son.
14. "I want to keep it forever. I want to love you the way I do now the rest of my life" (The Bridges of Madison County, 1995)
This beautiful love movie starred Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood.
15. "If there’s any kind of magic in this world…it must be in the attempt of understanding someone" (Before Sunrise, 1995)
The trilogy "Before..." tells the story of two lovers and their reencounters over three decades.
16. "When they ask me what I liked best, I'll tell them, it was you" (City of Angels, 1998)
You can save this quote and use it at the right moment...
17. "Can't remember to forget you" (Memento, 2000)
The main character of Memento cannot consolidate new memories.
18. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return" (Moulin Rouge, 2001)
One of the famous quotes in this pop musical.
19. "I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found" (A Beautiful Mind, 2001)
Even science people must appreciate the value of relationships.
20. "We're like strangers who knew each other very well" (Big Fish, 2003)
A very suitable quote for love at first sight.
21. "You can erase someone from your mind, getting them out of your heart is another story" (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 2004)
No matter how hard you try to forget someone, feelings are harder to ignore than memories.
22. "Falling in love is a crazy thing to do. It's like a socially acceptable form of insanity" (Her, 2013)
A fascinating quote to make you think.
There are loads of quotes about love in books | Healthy Way Mag
Love quotes from books
After reading some inspiring love quotes from more modern arts, let's move on to one of the oldest: writing, both in prose and verse.
23. "We walked without looking for each other, but knowing that we walked to find each other" (Hopscotch, Julio Cortázar)
This is just a sample of the Argentinian writer's great talent.
24. "Being with you or being without you is the measure of my time" (Jorge Luis Borges)
When the only thing that makes you feel complete is being with that person, and the rest is just waiting.
25. "It was the time when they loved each other best, without hurry or excess, when both were most conscious of and grateful for their incredible victories over adversity" (Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel García Márquez)
Quote from one of Gabo's best-known novels.
26. "Half my days I cannot bear to touch you. The rest of my time I feel like it doesn’t matter if I will ever see you again. It isn’t the morality, it’s how much you can bear" (The English Patient, Michael Ondaatje)
This novel was made into a film, and it was also extremely successful.
27. "For there is merely bad luck in not being loved; there is misfortune in not loving" (Albert Camus)
It does not matter whether they love us if we don't know how to love.
28. "I want to do to you what spring does with the cherry trees" (Pablo Neruda)
A quote with a suggestive capacity, which is typical of the Chilean author.
29. "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips" (Percy Bysshe Shelley)
Profound and beautiful quote by Percy Bysshe Shelley.
30. "There are very few of us who have heart enough to be really in love without encouragement" (Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen)
Very romantic people need very little to get their hopes up...