Paulo Coelho is a famous Brazilian writer who has sold more than 140 million copies and his books are read all over the world. The title that led him to fame was "The Alchemist", full of reflections on friendship, love, and destiny. Then we leave you with a compilation of the best quotes of Paulo Coelho, phrases, quotes and thoughts taken from his books and interviews granted throughout his life.
45 Famous Paulo Coelho Quotes
1. “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.”
In this reflection, Coelho encourages us to dare and risk in life to learn and gain experience.
2. “It is the possibility of making a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
We have to fight for what we dream so we can have incentives to live.
16. If you want to achieve your goals, you must be prepared for a daily dose of pain or discomfort.
To achieve our goals and dreams, we must suffer, because the road to them is not easy.
17. Changes only happen when we leave our comfort zone and go against everything we're used to doing.
We can only change our lives if we break everything we normally do
18. “All life's battles teach us something, even those we lose. When you grow up, you'll discover that you have defended lies, deceived yourself, or suffered foolishness. If you're a good warrior you will not blame yourself for this, but neither will you allow your mistakes to repeat themselves.”
According to the Brazilian author, everything is learned, even when something goes wrong or we make mistakes.
19. “You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen."
We have to be brave and make risky decisions. Only then can we move forward, when things happen to us that we did not have planned.
20. 'Life is always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act.'
We must move to action and act. We can not wait for things to happen on their own.
21. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
Love has no justification, it is a feeling that we feel unreasonable.
22. “Only two things can reveal life's great secrets: suffering and love.”
Coelho reaffirms that when we suffer and love is when we are truly living.
23. “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.”
After a bad time, something wonderful always happens.
24. “Join those who experience, risk, fall, injure themselves and risk again.”
Join with people who risk and never give up. Your attitude will infect you.
25. “The simple things in life are also the most extraordinary things and only the wise can see them.”
The smallest and simplest things are what really fill us.
34. “The more violent the storm, the quicker it passes.”
The more serious the problems, the quicker we get out of them.
35. “Everybody has a creative potential and from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world. “
When we express our creativity, we can go very far.
36. “I’m not saying that love always takes you to heaven. Your life can become a nightmare. But that said, it is worth taking the risk.”
It will not always be good for us to have loving relationships and they can become stormy. However, it is worth risking if it goes well.
37. “We have to stop and be humble enough to understand that there is something called mystery.”
We have to be humble, only this way we will realize things.
38. “Let us be absolutely clear about one thing: we should not confuse humility with false modesty or servility.”
Being humble is not the same as false modesty or servility. Humility is a virtue that we must adopt.
39. “Things do not always happen the way I would like to and it's better that I get used to it.”
We must accept and get used to the fact that things do not always happen the way we expected.
40. “The more in harmony with yourself you are, the more joyful you are and the more faithful you are. Faith is not to disconnect you from reality - it connects you to reality.”
Faith does not disconnect you from reality, it connects you with it. The better you feel about yourself, the more you enjoy life and faith.
41. “Happiness is just another of the tricks that our genetic system plays on us to carry out its only role, which is the survival of the species.”
Happiness is the engine of our life. It is what makes us enjoy and want to continue living it.
42. “I was always a rich person because money is not related to happiness.”
What really enriches us in life is happiness, not money.
43. “Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn't have the courage to say "yes" to life?”
Although we know that we are going to make mistakes, we should not mind, since they are part of the course of life.
“Choosing a path meant having to miss out on others.” |
44. “Choosing a path meant having to miss out on others.”
When we choose a path, we always leave the rest aside.